800g chicken thighs fillets
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 large red capsicum, sliced
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 thumb sized ginger, minced
1 large red onion, chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
freshly ground black pepper
1. Marinate chicken pieces in pineapple juice, salt and black pepper for at least 12 hours.
2. Remove chicken from marinate then pat each chicken pieces dry. Reserve the marinade.
3. In a wok add oil and evenly brown chicken pieces, remove from wok then set aside
4. Sauté ginger and onions, then add the chicken pieces. Stir fry for a minute then pour in the chicken stock, coconut milk and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the cornstarch mixture, pineapples, capsicum and cilantro then simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Filed under: Masarap na Putahe |