1 1/2 kg fish (white and fleshy type, bone and head in)
1/2 small cabbage, chopped
3 bunches pak choy
1 stem leeks
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb sized ginger, sliced thinly
1/4 cup yellow miso
1 tsp peppercorns
6 cups water from rice washing
8 pcs 1×1 inch nori squares
1. Fillet the fish and keep the bones. Once fish is filleted cut them into 3 inch squares.
2. Wrap the bones in mesclun cloth then set aside.
2. In a pot sauté garlic and red onion in oil, stir fry until onions are translucent then add ginger and tomatoes. Continue to stir fry until tomatoes are cooked.
3. Add 6 cups of water, miso, peppercorns and fish bones in mesclun cloth bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the fish bones then add the fish fillets then gently bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
5. Add Pak choy, cabbage, leeks and nori and continue to simmer for additional 4 minutes.
6. Add fish sauce according to your taste.
Filed under: Masarap na Putahe